Wednesday, September 6
– 6:30am Men’s Breakfast
– 12:00pm Donations for Hurricane Harvey victims due in the FPCP church office
– 3:00pm Donations for Hurricane Harvey victims due at Broadway United Methodist Church
– 4:15pm WW Resumes
– 5:00pm Assistance with packing items and the truck for Hurricane Harvey victims at Broadway United Methodist Church
Friday, September 8
– 4:00-8:00pm Middle School Girls Rock Climb @ the PAC with Grace Episcopal
Sunday, September 10
– Children’s Church & Youth Group resume
– Youth Group dinner & discussion at Mellow Mushroom
Monday, September 11
– 6:30pm Faith in Film Snow Falling on Cedars
Sunday, September 17
– Church Softball Game @ STUART NELSON
Monday, September 18
– Book Club @ Kitchen’s Cafe 1:00 pm
Claire Kelly as she starts college
Emily Hahn as she enters the Navy Jim Boyd
Hurricane Harvey victims & workers
SUNDAY SERVICE VOLUNTEERS for September 10
– Leigh Smith & Shelby Durham
– Abby Brown
– Royanne Freeman, Donna Worden, Suzanne Underwood, & Debra Pfeiffer Vied
– Karen Durbin & David Wolfrom
– Robert Worden (Scripture-Ezekiel 33:7-11)
HURRICANE HARVEY ASSISTANCE
FPCP is partnering with Broadway United Methodist Church to send items to assist those affected by Hurricane Harvey. The items needed are listed below. Donations need to be in to our church by this Wednesday at noon. If you bring them directly to Broadway they need to be in by 3:00pm. For those able to assist in packing the truck, please meet at Broadway at 5:00pm Wednesday evening.
If you prefer to give a financial contribution, you might consider giving through Presbyterian Disaster Relief. Their website is http://pda.pcusa.org if you would like to learn more about this agency and the many ways they help victims of natural disasters. You can give in several ways:
- Online, click on the red “Donate Now” button at the top of the screen.
- By mail, checks can be sent to: Presbyterian Church (USA), P.O Box 643700, Pittsburgh, PA 37000.
- You can call 1-800-872-3282 to give by credit card over the phone.
- You can also text PDA to 20222 to give a $10 donation which will be applied to your next phone bill. If you wish to designate your gifts specifically for Hurricane Harvey victims you may do so using the code DR000169-Harvey.
Thanks for the many ways you are reaching out to show God’s love to those in need during this time of crises. As always, I am so proud of the way God’s love shines through our church family!
Please donate at least two items from the following list:
- 5-gallon bucket with resealable lid
- Liquid laundry detergent (two 25 oz. or one 50 oz. bottles only)
- 1 pair work gloves (cotton with leather palm or all leather)
- Liquid household cleaner (12-16 oz. liquid cleaner that can be mixed with water – no spray cleaners)
- Dish soap (16-28 oz. bottle, any brand)
- 50 clothes pins
- Clothes line (two 50 ft. or 100 ft.; cotton or plastic.)
- 5 scouring pads (remove from rapper, no stainless steel, Brillo pads or SOS pads; nothing with soap built in)
- 1 scrub brush (plastic or wooden handle)
- 7 sponges (no cellulose sponges due to mold issues; remove from wrapper)
- 2 pair kitchen dishwashing gloves (should be durable enough for multiple uses; remove from packaging)
- 1 can air freshener (aerosol or pump)
- 1 insect repellant spray (6-14 oz. aerosol or spray pump with protective cover)
- 24 roll of heavy duty trash bags (33-45-gallon sizes, remove from the box)
- 18 cleaning wipes (Handi-wipes or reusable wipes; no terry cleaning towels; remove from packaging)
- 5 dust masks
May God Bless!